Earning extra money isn’t always easy, however what if you could make some extra cash while sitting on your couch watching T.V.? Would you do it? Taking surveys is such an easy side hustle it is hard to pass up. Yet, you must know before you start, you are not going to become rich by taking surveys and it would be extremely difficult to make this your full-time job. Nonetheless, if you are just looking for some extra spending money or saving up for the Holidays or vacation spending money, then this is the side gig for you!
One reservation I had about taking surveys was putting my information out there; however, if you work with a trusted survey site (see the ones I recommend below) you can rest at ease and feel confident in sharing your opinion. Sometimes you will even get to try free products! For example, I’ve got four different samples from Pinecone Research shipped right to my door. The best part was, I got paid $3 to review the products which took around 15 minutes. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE getting paid to try new products.
Reasons people may shy away from surveys:
- Too much work, not enough money
- Don’t want to share personal information
- Not many survey opportunities
- It’s not the right “time” to sign up
- Afraid of scams
Like many people, maybe you are intrigued by the whole “survey thing” but you just haven’t taken the plunge and signed up. – Or maybe you don’t know where to start. I feel you. These are valid concerns! Yet, the survey companies listed below are all trusted companies that I have personally tried myself (or I wouldn’t be recommending them to you.) You can trust that you will make money or gift cards and you will get the most money for your time – I don’t like wasting my time either.
Don’t forget, the more sites you sign up for, the more earning potential you will have since you will not get survey opportunities every day from most of these companies.
Why You Should Try the Survey Sites Listed Below
If you are in need of some extra cash but don’t have the time or energy to get another job, try survey sites. There are many reasons us survey goers keep on truckin’.
The main reasons people fill out surveys are as follows:
- Easy extra cash
- Doesn’t take up too much time
- Like working in your p.j.’s on your couch
- Easy for a stay-at-home mom to complete while watching kids
- Saving for Vacation
- Need extra spending money
Now you know why you should take surveys, let’s find out the best ones that will give you the most money for your time!
Top 7 Survey Sites to Make a Side Hustle
#1 Pinecone Research
Pinecone is my all-time favorite of the survey companies. Pinecone Research is a market company that pays $3 per survey, most taking around 20 minutes to complete. They also have higher paying surveys and I have made up to $10 for a longer survey that took around 40 minutes. This is the company I have made the most money using; however, they close their survey sign-ups for long periods of time, so sign up soon because they are now open. Sign up for Pinecone Research and start earning! Suggest Reading: Pinecone Research Review
This is my second choice. There are so many easy ways to earn money with Swagbucks. You can choose to take surveys or earn points by searching the Internet, watching videos, or playing games. Redeem your points for gift cards for popular stores, my favorite being Target but Amazon is an option. The payout if $5.00 so it is totally obtainable. One reason I love Swagbucks is it is easy to earn points. You can complete the daily poll, watch videos, sign up for offers, or find Swagbucks codes to earn even more. I have personally received several Target gift cards from Swagbucks. Sign up for Swagbucks here and start earning.
#3 Inbox Dollars
iIbox Dollars is a popular survey company that rewards with money! You can cash out at $30 and there are many survey opportunities so it won’t take too long. They also provide partner offers and cash for signing up with other survey companies through their site, so be on the lookout! Use my link and earn $5.00 just for signing up!
#4 Global Test Market
Global Test Market is a survey site that pays well. You can earn up to $5.00 per survey which is not the norm in survey land. You can also redeem for gift cards if you choose. This survey site ranks high among survey goers and is a site that is worth your time. Sign up Global Test Market and start earning!
#5 American Consumer Opinion
This is a survey company that offers points for completed surveys. You can redeem your points for popular gift cards such as Starbucks, Amazon, or popular restaurants. You can also take surveys to enter drawings for high-value gift cards. This survey company cashes out after you earn 1000 points ($10). Sign up for American Consumer Opinion and start earning!
Shoptracker is a computer download that pays $3 a month for allowing the site to track your purchases. This is the easiest money you will make. It only takes a short time to download the software and a click of an email to approve Shoptracker. Yes, $3 is not much but if you are participating in all the survey companies above, these small amounts add up. Sign up for Shoptracker and start earning!
Like talking politics? Yougov is an online survey site that talks about events or controversial topics? Yougov is a top survey company that offers rewards for taking surveys and participating in focus groups. Most surveys pay between 500-1000 points and 1400 points are equal to one dollar. They offer a referral program and often reward 2000 points just for signing up. Sign up for Yougov and start earning.
How do I spot scams?
- DO NOT PAY – I have tried many legit survey companies such as the ones listed above and never once have I been asked to give my credit card number. If the company is asking for a credit card number it is most likely a scam. BEWARE!
- Sounds Too Good – An old saying my Dad repeated throughout my life was, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” This is something to keep in mind with survey sites. If they are making big claims or saying you can make $1000 in a few weeks, I would walk away. NO ONE gets rich using survey companies (it’s just nice to have a little easy extra cash).
- Do Your Research – The sites above were tested by yours truly, so you know they are safe. However, if you come to other sites you are interested in, google them. If you find several other legit money bloggers have tried them out, they are probably safe. Check out what others have to say about the company and sign up for as many as you wish. The ones listed above are my personal favorites.
- Be Honest – Survey companies are searching for ideal people to complete surveys for major companies. You will be more likely to qualify for surveys if you are upfront and honest in your profile. They may be looking for people interested in buying mattresses or a mother of three kids to answer questions about a new toy. If you leave out information about your life, you are less likely to qualify for surveys.
- Sign up for Several – It pays to sign up for more than one. Although I love Pinecone Research, I usually only got 3-4 surveys per month. The more sites you sign up for, the more money you can make! Try all seven sites above. Although I tried all the sites above I invite you to do your own research on the companies. You will find these are sites recommended by others as well.
If you are looking for extra money, I recommend two websites/apps that pay you for doing something you already do – Shop.
Ebates – Ebates is a money-saving site that rewards you for doing something you already do: shop online. Click through Ebates before you shop online and you will receive a percentage back of what you spent. How it works: They make money by referring you to shop at a store and they are sharing their commission with you. The best part is it costs you nothing. Also, they have thousands of the BEST stores to choose from including Target, Khol’s, Best Buy, Priceline, Macy’s, Petco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Groupon, Amazon and so much more. Sign up through my link and receive a $10 bonus just for signing up! Read my Ebates Money-Saving Review here.
Ibotta – Ibotta is an awesome money-saving app that allows you to receive rebates for stuff you already buy. All you have to do is find your store and search the available rebates for that week. Once you find your rebates, start shopping. Next, submit your receipt by taking a picture. I suggest doing this right when you get home from the store so you do not forget. It is as easy as taking a simple picture and clicking your rebates! Ibotta has recently added some online shopping to their app as well, so you have more options. Use my link and receive a $10 sign up bonus when you redeem your first rebate! Read more about Ibotta here: Ibotta, Awesome Rebate and Money Making App.
Survey sites may not be for everyone, but if you are looking for an easy way to put a little cash in your pocket, try the sites recommended above. Beware of scams and never give anyone your credit card when signing up for a survey site. Keep in mind, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Be honest when completing your profile and sign up for more than one survey site to increase your chances of qualifying and earning more money. Survey sites will not make you rich or replace your day job, but having a little extra spending money at the end of the month is a nice perk – not to mention you can work on your couch while watching t.v.