Spruce up Stove Top Stuffing
Are you on a budget this Thanksgiving? Are you stressed out about the strains of hosting?
There is so much thought and effort that goes into hosting Thanksgiving dinner at your house. The menu, the cleaning, and let’s not forget the food budget!
That’s enough to give a busy mom and headache! Ouch!
One way to save money (think less stress) this Thanksgiving is to use Stove Top Stuffing as your main side dish! I have used this recipe for a few years and my guests raved about it!
This recipe is a quick, easy way to spruce up your Stove Top and you will save money because you are using Stove Top! Yet, you will still have a dish that your guests will love!
Both times I made this recipe, there was nothing left at the end of Thanksgiving dinner, so I guess it was a success.
I’m wishing all of you the best this Holiday Season and I’m hoping my recipe will help lighten the cooking burden and financial burden hosting Thanksgiving can bring! Let’s try this and see how many compliments you get this year!!
Grab your free Meal Plan and Menu Template
Click here to grab your Meal Plan Packet
Related Thanksgiving/Food Posts:
- 50 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Won’t Break the Bank
- 10 Frugal Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 70 Slow Cooker Recipes for Fall and Winter
- 50 Make-Ahead Tailgate Foods
- 50 Cheap Meals Your Family Will Love
- Cheap Aldi Meal Plan – 7 Dinners under $35
Check out my favorite ways to save money below:
Ibotta – Ibotta is an awesome money-saving app that allows you to receive rebates for stuff you already buy. All you have to do is find your store and search the available rebates for that week. Once you find your rebates, start shopping. Next, send your receipt by taking a picture and uploading it which is super easy. I suggest doing this right when you get home from the store so you do not forget. It is as easy as taking a simple picture and clicking your rebates! Ibotta has recently added some online shopping to their app as well, so you have more options. Use my link and receive a $10 sign up bonus when you redeem your first rebate! Read more about Ibotta here: Ibotta, Awesome Rebate and Money Making App.
Ingredients for your spruced up Stove Top:
1 small bag of carrots cut up into small pieces – $1
1 small finely chopped onion – $.99
4-5 finely chopped celery stalks – $1.50
1 can Chicken broth (10.5 oz.) – $0.89
1 box of Stove Top Stuffing – $1.00 (This usually goes on sale the week before Thanksgiving so stock up.)
Easy Stove Top for Less Directions:
- Sauté carrots, onion, and celery in vegetable oil in a frying pan until soft. (Tip: Cut up the night before and store in pyrex.)
- Follow the directions on the box of your Stove Top, except instead of using water, use Chicken broth. This gives it a rich flavor.
- Add your veggies and bread crumbs from the box and stir.
- Fluff with a fork and you are ready to serve! This serves about 5-6 people and can be doubled for more guests!
Stuffing for less conclusion:
Quick, easy and yummy! If you are hosting Thanksgiving and you are on a budget, this recipe is for you! This recipe totals out at around $5.38! It won’t break your bank and your guest will love it! Shhh! Hide the Stove Top boxes and no one will ever know!
To you and yours, enjoy this time with your family! I am sure Thankful for mine and I am lucky everyone is in good health, which is all the wealth I need.
Leave me a comment! I would love to hear what you are thankful for!!
Related Budget-Food Posts:
- Chili -Fall Budget Meal Under $4
- Easy, Budget Friendly Tuna Noodle Casserole Under $3
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Budget-Friendly Meal Plan – Under $75 With Free Printables