How to save money on Christmas Shopping
- Christmas Saving
I used to crave the excitement of Holiday shopping. There was nothing like the gorgeous decorations, great deals, and shopping around from store to store. The mall looked like a regular old winter wonderland! As always, Holiday spirit filled the air.
Boy, times have changed!! After having two kids, I now try to avoid anything with an early wake up, large crowds, no parking and a line with more than one person.
Although I love a good deal like the next person, I am skipping the Black Friday and mall lines this year and shopping from home!
My goal is to be stress-free this Christmas. Furthermore, you can too with these simple easy tips listed below!
Use my tips to avoid a head ache and bankruptcy this Christmas! Here’s to a whimsical Holiday Season. Let the shipping begin!
Ways to save
1. Ebates-This site actually gives you money back for shopping online and it is totally legit! You also get a bonus for signing up and making your first purchase. When I first signed up I got a ten-dollar gift card for Target and have been using them for over five years! Click here to sign up!
2. Groupon goods – There are many awesome discounted gift ideas on Groupon and right now you can get 6% back if you click Groupon through your Ebates account.
**TIP – I often wait until they have a 20% off coupon code, as well. They usually offer them at least once or twice a week.
*GIFT IDEA– Groupon has personalized children’s book on sale right now for around $8. What a great gift idea for the baby boy or girl in your life.
3. Black Friday– Don’t waste time at the mall. (Unless there is an amazing in-store only deal). Most stores have the same deals online and discounted shipping! Last year, I stocked up on kids clothing at H&M.com and got great deals and free shipping! I do suggest getting up early to shop because items sell out early online too!
4. Poshmark – Shop on websites like Poshmark for designer at a discount. This website has awesome deals on new and used Tiffany, Coach, Burberry, and Kate spade, just to name a few. Use my referral code NXUIA and receive $5 when you sign up. They usually offer free shipping for a limited time on your first purchase as well.
5. Stock up – Make your list and plan ahead! Stock up on items when they go on sale! I like to give Bath and Body Works lotions as gifts. Yet, these lotions can be quite pricey when bought at full price. I usually stock up when they have their semi-annual sale in July and annual sale in January!
Didn’t catch the sale in July? Plan for next year and go shopping in January. You can score lotions for around 2.75 or less and they take coupons on the clearance price.
6. Check Flyers – Check local flyers for the best sales. Grabbing a Sunday paper to check flyers and have coupons on-hand is a fool-proof way to find the best deal.
**Gift Idea – Check flyers for Lindt & Ghiradellis chocolates which always make nice small gifts for in-laws or friends.
As always, I hope my tips help you!! Look for more Holiday shopping lists to come, as we get closer to the most wonderful time of the year!
*This site contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission. Feel free to use or disregard and keep reading!!
Related Saving-Money post:
1. 10 ways to save money every day
2. How I Saved $250 for Christmas Shopping
3. Poshmark Review