Budget-friendly tuna Noodle is one of my go-to meals! My kids love it and it is easy to make. It is honestly the cheapest meal I make. What a tasty warm meal on a fall or winter evening! This meal is so budget friendly that we can get your cost down to under $3 for the entire meal. That’s an awesome deal for a family of four.
Incorporate this into my meal planning sample and you will have another fall meal under your belt.
As I go along with this yummy recipe, I will give you prices and information on where to shop (Target,) to get the best deals on your ingredients.
Not a gourmet chef? No worries! This recipe is so simple, if you can open a can, you can make it! Turn on your stove and start boiling that water because we are ready to cook.
Budget-Friendly Tuna Noodle Ingredients:
1 can tuna (.79)
1 can mushroom soup (.89 – stock up when on sale)
1/2 can peas (.99 save the other half & make again – so .50 for this meal total)
1/2 box of rotini or use what pasta you have on hand ( 1.00/ box -so .50 for this meal total)
Optional: Cheese for topping
Budget-Friendly Tuna Noodle Casserole Directions:
1. Boil water (season with a dash of salt) and add rotini
2. Cook rotini for about nine minutes and drain
3. Place rotini back in the pot
4. Dump the rest of the ingredients in the pot and stir (add a little salt and pepper to taste)
5. Plate and serve
Optional: If you have shredded cheese on hand, sprinkle on top and/or melt in the microwave. You can also top with crunched up chips or crackers. Yummy, Tummy!!
**TIP – Let your kids crunch up their own goldfish crackers on top! Fish on top of fish!!
All of my ingredients were Market Pantry brand purchased at Target using my Target Redcard to score an extra 5% off my entire order, which brings my meal cost to $2.55!! Yummy and cheap!
- Budget-Friendly Meal Planning
- Budget-Friendly Chili
- 50 Cheap Meals that Will Fill Up Your Family
- 50 Make-Ahead Tailgate Foods for Your Tailgate Menu
- Budget-Friendly Two-Week Dinner Meal Plan – Under $75
- Cheap Meal Plan for Two – One Week Under $30
- Cucumber Chicken Pasta Salad
- Avocado Turkey Sandwich