Where to Buy Cute but Frugal Workout Gear
A friend of mine is looking to go to the Barr after having her baby… No, not the bar you are thinking of! Barr class to workout… Now you see where I’m going with this. Knowing I’m into frugal fashion and running, she texted me to find out where I shop for my frugal workout gear! I immediately gave her a list of several places that have always worked out (pun intended) for me!
Most women want to look cute while working out but if you are on a budget, you aren’t going to buy Lulu Lemon, Athleta, and Victoria’s Secret workout gear. Yet, there are ways to look pretty while you are sweatin’ to the oldies. (Sorry, bad old-school workout joke!) You just have to know where to look.
Frugal workout gear is easy to come by if you use my shopping tips listed below. The best part is the list offers good quality workout gear, so you won’t be literally running back to the store to buy more. So keep up your shopping pace as you read through my list and get ready to look cute while getting into shape this year!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Here is a list of my top seven workout gear stores and how I score great deals!
1. Marshalls – Like Nike, Adidas, and Reebok? Marshalls or T.J.Maxx (partner stores) are where I find these brands for less! They also sell running shoes! My favorites are Asics!
Tip: Ask your local manager when the workout gear shipments are coming in. Then the clothing will not be too picked over when you shop.
2. Old Navy – This store has some super cute workout clothing for good prices. One thing I like about Old Navy is the quality for the price. Buying something that lasts the test of time is about as frugal as you can get!
Tip: Check sales, sign up for emails or consider a credit card for 10% off on Tuesdays. (Sign up for emails and receive a 20% off coupon you can use right from your phone).
3. Target – Target sells brands such as C9 and Xhilaration. Target’s workout clothing quality is amazing. Moreover, I’m still using a cute Champion workout tank from Target that is around seven years old and was washed at least once a week. It is in fabulous condition. Furthermore, Target has sales cycles around every three to four weeks, so if you see something you love, wait for the sale. They also often offer a percent off on the Target Cartwheel App. How can I not love the cute gear at Target? A-mazing! Check out the super cute picture below: (Affiliate link)
TIP: Make sure to check the clearance rack first. I have found some amazing workout gear on clearance.
Want more ideas? Keep reading…
4. JCPenny – Do you like Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas brands? Don’t forget to use your coupon! JCP often sends me a $10 off coupon with no minimum purchase! Also, they often have a $10 off $25 online coupon so check before you check out. They will scan the coupon from your phone.
5. Poshmark – You can score Lulu lemon and Athleta for less! They offer all the name brand workout gear (new and used) and many sellers take advantage of Poshmark’s unique wholesale portal. If your Poshmark seller purchased their merchandise from the Poshmark wholesale portal (it will read “boutique” under the picture), you will be buying something that is not found in popular stores. Check it out. Here is my Posh review!
6. Mercari – This is a great online mall! You can buy and sell your stuff here and find great name-brand workout gear for way less!! Mercari is amazing because you can literally sell anything; however, search workout gear or a specific brand and the app will lead you to what you are looking for.
7. Outlet Stores – Tanger is a popular outlet mall in my area and they have them in other areas of the country. You can find outlet stores such as Nike or Reebok and receive discounted prices. My husband always buys his Nike shoes from the Nike Outlet by our house!
Don’t forget to shop sales and use coupons to score the best deals. If you are shopping online, be sure to check for your store on Ebates before you buy. Don’t have an Ebates account? Click the link below and receive a $10 credit when you sign up.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen! Don’t break the bank because you want to tone up! Use your savvy shopping skills and look cute when you get out and start moving, but don’t pay full price, ever!!
Take care – Sarah
1. 15 Free & Frugal Workout Ideas
2. Target Savings Secrets
3. Amazing Asics – Best Shoe for Runners