Super Easy How to Cook Pumpkin Seeds Recipe:
Are you ready to carve your pumpkins? If so, don’t throw away your seeds just yet, Did you know pumpkin seeds are easy to clean and cook, to make a yummy, nutritious snack? Here is my easy recipe:
Pumpkin Seeds – The Money-Saving Snack
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE the fall! Yes, that time of year is right around the corner (of the corn maze).
Our favorite fall activity is visiting the pumpkin patch and picking a perfectly round, orange pumpkin off the vine! Our favorite farm has kid’s activities, a corn maze, and a train!
Since we are buying our pumpkins at the patch, they are usually cheaper than the supermarket so we save a little and have some family fun. My kids absolutely LOVE this family day trip!
Nonetheless, what better way to save money than to use something you were already going to buy – your great pumpkin! Don’t let the seeds go to waste. Be ready after carving to scoop them out and rinse them off.
You may be tempted to toss them, but they are super easy to cook and make into a yummy, healthy snack.
After you carve out your pumpkin, rinse those babies off, pat them dry, and stick them in the oven!! You now have a healthy snack (seeds are loaded with magnesium, potassium, and zinc). Depending on how many pumpkins you carve, you’ll have a yummy, nutritious snack for days. Enjoy my simple recipe!
Easy “How to Cook Pumpkin Seeds” Recipe
1. Rinse your seeds well and pat dry. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to get off the pumpkin guts, but you want all of that gunk off your seeds before your cook them.
2. Grease your tray with olive oil (or cooking spray) & lay seeds in a single layer so they cook evenly.
3. Season (use salt or cinnamon & sugar for your sweet tooth). You can get crazy with your seasonings and mix it up with whatever y ou have. Nutmeg or something spicy will work too, but I’m a boring old salt kind of girl.
4. Cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cool & enjoy for around five minutes and enjoy.
6. Seal your leftovers and they should stay good for around two months in the refrigerator if you use an air-tight container, according to Allrecipes, or a week at room temperature.
Pumpkin Seed Recipe Final Thoughts…
Pumpkin seeds are an easy, delicious snack. It is a fun treat to keep the Halloween excitement going all month.
You can take “snacks” off your grocery list for a few days and enjoy your yummy treat! I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a great snack with your family! Happy Halloween!
Sign up for the I Heart Frugal Newsletter and never miss a post: