What are your kids dressing up as this year? Did you pay full price for those cute costumes? Hope not, but if you did, there is time to save for next year!! Here are five ideas to help you!
1. If possible, the number one way to save is to buy one year early! This works best for younger kids that can be swayed or if you already know what they are into! My son is wearing a Captain America Costume that my mom bought on clearance last year for $5 (marked down from $22). Just buy a size or two up and you are set! No stress next year!
2. Check mom to mom sights or sales. I just started using these on Facebook and I’m addicted! I see costumes all the time and some people are just giving them away to get rid of them!-Way to spread the love!
3. Sign up for a store email list. Many major stores offer free shipping and discounts around the holidays. I am on the Party City email list and they have had free shipping all week!
4. A fairly new way to shop online is Jet.com. I bought my husband’s and my Halloween costumes on this sight last year. The sight actually shops around, will find you a great deal and offer a discount if you wave your right to return your item.
5. Another great idea is to costume swap with friends, family, neighbors or mom’s groups. Many moms are just trying to get rid of old, no longer used costumes.
As always, I hope this post was helpful!! Don’t forget to stock up on Halloween candy next week when it all goes on clearance! YUM!