How to Make Cheap Pulled Pork – Slow Cooker Recipe
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe:
Pulled pork is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. The way I make it is easy and yummy. There are many other recipes out there with more thought and effort, but I am a mother of two small kids and just don’t have the time to wear the “gourmet chef” hat right now.
I like to cook dinners that are fast, easy, and frugal! This one is a little higher priced than some of my other recipes in my two-week meal planning post, but when you are making tuna noodles for under $3 and Chili for under $4, you can afford to spend a tad more on pork and sweet barbecue sauce!
So let’s begin the slow cooker dump, sit back and watch our latest Gray’s Anatomy episode (yes, I still love that show!), and let our slow cooker do all the work! In the end, you will have a great meal the family will love and the cooking will happen while you take a load off! Slow Cooker plugged in? Here we go!
For more crockpot recipes, head over to this post: 70 Slow Cooker Recipes Perfect for Fall and Winter
or check out Slow Cooker Soup Recipes to Know Your Socks Off
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link I may be compensated but if you choose not to, feel free to browse or carry on with your cooking! My posts are here to help and any money I make is just a bonus! Thanks!
What you will need
- 1 1lb package of pork – I buy Market Pantry center-cut pork; however, some people use pork shoulder(cheaper). It is up to you but the center cut is already cut and is less fatty, which is healthier for the fam!
- 1/2 an onion sliced – Pro Tip: Cut the entire onion up when you get home from the store and use the other half for another recipe
- 1/2 bottle of Sweet BBQ sauce (Update: My son and I have been making our own pulled pork BBQ Sauce and it is so easy to make – See recipe below)
- Around a tablespoon – Salt, pepper, and paprika for seasoning
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe Directions:
1. Turn on your crockpot and set it to four hours on high. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
2. Add onions to slow cooker
3. Season each side of pork with salt, pepper, and paprika ( I do a light coating of each)
4. Put the pork on top of your onions
5. Add BBQ sauce
6. Stir after about an hour and a half into cooking.
7. Let it all cook on high for four hours – Sit back, Relax!!
8. Check and Shred. Your pork will turn a lighter color as shown in the picture below, and shred very easily with a fork.
Yummy & Cheap Pulled Pork
Cheap Pulled Pork Final Notes…
Serve this yummy pork on a bun or open face on a piece of bread. I like to serve with corn as a side dish! Enjoy and watch the faces of your family as you serve! You are bound to get a smile.
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe? Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you!
Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and/or Twitter!!
- Budget-Friendly Meal Planning
- 50 Cheap Meals that Will Fill Up Your Family
- 50 Make-Ahead Tailgate Foods for your Tailgate Menu
- 7 Easy Dinners for the Lazy Girl
- Chili-Fall Budget Meal Under $4
- Budget-Friendly Two-Week Dinner Meal Plan – Under $75
- $40 Dinner Meal Plan Your Family Will Love