This is my third round of bi-weekly dinner meal planning! However, this time it comes with a twist! Why? A fellow frugal friend needed help. She had to find a way to feed herself and her husband for two weeks, but the kicker was she only had $35 for food. Realizing the need for low-cost meal planning, my “$40 Meal Planning Your Family Will Love” was born.
Inspired by her situation, I wondered how many others out there could use low-cost meal planning. So my challenge for this round is to keep your grocery bill around $40. Hopefully, you have some items on hand and you will spend even less, but if you do not, you will come out right around $41.
This list is a dinner meal plan so let’s see how well we can do. Be sure to read until the end and click the printable grocery list to save you time and money! My shopping for this meal plan was mostly done at Kroger.
Keep in mind, if you are saving money on your groceries, you will be able to put money away for other important areas of your budget such as an emergency fund, savings account, or retirement fund.
Cutting your food costs is one of the easiest ways to put extra money in your pocket. Not to mention, my $40 meal plan will save your sanity because you will not be rushing around your kitchen, like a crazy person, trying to throw something together when your kids are hungry. This is not a fun situation for anyone!
- 75 Frugal Living Tips That are Surprisingly Easy
- How to Do a Week’s Worth of Summer Budget Meals that Rocks!
- No Money to Pay My Bills, Help!
- Cheap Meal Plan for Two – $30 One Week – All Meals
- 41 Clever Ways to Cut Your Food Bill
- 13 Spectacular Ways to Save Money on Gas
- 50 Cheap Family Meals that will Fill You Up – Most Under $10
- 55 Cheap Meals To Try When You Are Broke