In my Swagbucks review, you will find out if Swagbucks is legit, as well as who this company is, who should use it, and why.
Swagbucks has been a go-to favorite of mine for earning extra spending cash! You may be asking, “What is Swagbucks?” Perhaps you have never heard of it.
I’ll have to admit I was skeptical at first but in my quest to earn online income, I heard good things about Swagbucks and decided to give it a try.
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to earn Swagbucks and the cash out is only $3 for your first gift card. – I’m almost at a $10 reward now and need to get back to earning after I write this post!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and make a purchase or sign up for an offer, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you, so thank you!
For more money-making and money-saving tips sign up for the I Heart Frugal Newsletter:
The Swagbucks Review Skinny:
I know what you are thinking…Another thing I will sign up for, use for a while, and never look at again. Right? There are several online companies that definitely fit this mold; however, Swagbucks is one I stuck with because it is easy to earn and all you have to do is search online like you normally would anyway.
The surveys and other earnings potentials are there and it is easy to use or forget about them, but in reality, the one thing you are going to do anyway is search online, so why not get rewarded for it.
Let me preface this post by saying, you will not become rich by using Swagbucks. Yet, it is nice to have a gift card here and there to help you with groceries or treat yourself to something you want. If you go into it knowing this, you will not be disappointed.
What Exactly is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an online company sponsored by Google and Ask that allows you to take surveys, watch short videos, play games, complete daily polls, and search the Internet for rewards called Swagbucks. 100 Swagbucks equals $1.00 so you need $5 to cash out on most gift cards (only $3 for Amazon and Ebay).
The easiest way to earn points is by searching the web. Swagbucks makes this super easy. You can install the Swagbucks extension and are rewarded with points for searching for things you would normally search for anyway.
The search results are similar to Google, so why not! Another way to do this is to go directly to your account and search. Either way, your search is counted.
Also, you will not be rewarded for every search. More like one out of every ten or more searches.
When you earn a reward you will see a “pop up” on the top of your screen telling you how many Swagbucks you will receive and to prove you are not a robot, you will enter a CAPTCHA. After entering your CAPTCHA your Swagbucks reward will show up in your Swagbucks count at the top right of your Swagbucks’ homepage.
Note: If you are using Swagbucks for personal searches you will find similar results to Google; however, if you are searching for business or work, Google would be my first choice since it is the number one search engine!
Other Ways to Earn:
- Surveys – Swagbucks offer surveys that pay okay. Today I had a 9-minute survey for 150 Swagbucks on my home page. (That’s $1.50 for 9 minutes – Not too bad in terms of online Survey pay)
- Daily Polls – Answer the daily poll to earn one Swagbuck per day. (That’s 30 per month.)
- Playing Games – You will see a list of games and ways to earn on your Swagbucks homepage.
- Partner Offers – You will see a list of partner offers. I don’t usually do these unless it was something I was going to sign up for anyway, but I’m not big into signing up for online offers.
- Shopping – You can earn Swagbucks for shopping online. Shop and earn at stores like Amazon.com, Old Navy, Kohl’s, Home Depot, Macy’s and many more.
- Invite Friends – Earn $3 for each friend invited and also get 10% of their earnings for life. That means if they earn 1000 Swagbucks, you will get 100! This is one of the better referral programs I have seen!
- Swagcodes – Search online for Swag Codes! If you are lucky enough to find one, you can enter it at the top of your Swagbucks account and earn extra Swagbucks. This is a very easy way to earn, but harder to do unless you are online all day because the codes expire quickly.
- Watching videos – Swagbucks makes this super easy. Log on to your account and choose which videos you would like to watch from your list. This is also easy but does not reward well. Most of the videos on my page now only reward 1-2 Swagbucks, but if you have extra time, why not?
- Daily Goal – You can set a daily earning goal and if you reach it, you are rewarded with extra Swagbucks. Mine goal is 30 per day and Swagbucks will reward me 3 extra Swagbucks for reaching this – That’s around 90 per month.
Reasons to use Swagbucks:
Why Use Swagbucks?
Why: Are you a person that likes earning extra money to use towards groceries, household needs, or just to treat yourself? Do you like earning money while sitting on your couch in your pajamas? Then Swagbucks may be the company for you. Reasons to use Swagbucks:
- Sign-up bonus – This differs from time to time, but now they offer anywhere from 300-1000 Swagbucks for signing up: Sign up for Swagbucks here
- easy ways to earn
- earn gift cards for things you do anyway like search the web
- saving for something special
- extra money for Holiday gifts ( I love saving these type of things up and using them for my Holiday budget)
- extra grocery money
How Do I Get Paid?
You can Use your Swagbucks to cash in for gift cards. The payout is low, starting at just $3 for big brand gift cards such as Amazon and $5 for Target – two of my favorites.
To redeem your Swagbucks click you Swagbuck amount at the top right of your account homepage. It will direct you to the gift card page and you can pick any gift card that is equal to or less than the amount of Swagbucks you earned. Pretty cool!
Is Swagbucks Legit? Pros and Cons
Is Swagbucks Legit? In short, the answer is yes. You can easily earn Swagbucks and cash them in for gift cards to use at your favorite stores. With any company, Swagbucks does have its pros and cons. Here are the reasons I like and dislike this site:
- Earn points by searching the web
- Low cash out of $5 per gift card
- Gift cards to some of my favorite stores including Target & Amazon
- Legit company that does pay
- Earn more points for taking surveys
- Swagbucks for shopping online
- $10 Sign up bonus
- Only rewarded for so many searches (not every search earns points)
- Not accepted to all surveys (You may start a survey and find you do not fit the profile.)
- I don’t personally play online games so I don’t earn this way
- Videos have a low payout (This would be an easy way to earn, but you have to ask yourself: “Is the return on your time investment there?”
Swagbucks Review Conclusion:
In conclusion, Swagbucks is definitely a site worth checking out. Sing up and play around with it, but like any online site, you can get sucked in so beware.
In life, you have to look at return on your investment, being that of time or money. I definitely think Swagbucks is worth your time if you are using the “Search Online” tool! You are rewarded just for installing the extension on your browser.
So if you are using it for something you do anyway, go ahead and sign up. If you are a gamer, you can earn for something you do anyway as well.
Basically, is it worth your time? Yes, if you use it for things you were already doing. It will become a “time-sucker” if you plan on and take surveys all day. So set a limit for yourself and stick to it.
You will not become rich with Swagbucks, but I will say, I am only 70 Swagbucks away from $10 gift card and the extra gift cards come in handy when I shop at my favorite stores! $10 off my bill will be nice and again, I earned those points by surfing the web and taking a few short surveys.
Be disciplined with your time and sign up for other offers to maximize your online earning potential. Other sites I recommend are as follows:
Pinecone Research – A legit survey company that pays $3 per 15-20 minute survey. Read my review here: Pinecone Research Review
Inbox Dollars (review coming soon) – A legit survey company that pays depending on the length of the survey. Inbox also has other ways to earn including partner offers, searches, referring friends, watching videos and games. Sign up for Inbox Dollars and earn $5 just for signing up.
Ebates – This is one of my favorite online sites! Ebates rewards you for shopping online. Just click through Ebates to shop thousands of your favorite online stores and receive a percentage of what you spend. Ebates is also totally legit and I have received several Big Fat Checks from Ebates. Sign up for Ebates and earn a $10 bonus!
Ibotta – Ibotta is a rebate app that gives you money back for uploading receipts and matching your purchases with offers for the time frame. I’ve earned over $100 back from this app and I love it because I continue to earn every time I grocery shop. Sing up for Ibotta and earn a $5 sign up bonus!
I hope this helps you in your money-making quest! For more money-making/saving tips, sign up for my newsletter below:
Take care – Sarah