Check out my new Christmas planner in the shop! And because it’s new and you are a loyal reader, get 50% off with the code Dollarstore50 for a limited time! Don’t miss out!
Are you on a budget this Christmas but still want to decorate your house for the Holidays? If you are like me, you plan and budget for everything including your Holiday decorations. Let’s face it, the Holidays are expensive. If you do not plan ahead, your budget can quickly end up at the South pole before Santa even makes a visit. That is why I am recommending a trip to the Dollar Store for 20 Must-Have Dollar Store Christmas Decorating Ideas.
Fortunately, there are cheaper ways to have a nice Christmas, starting with your Christmas decorations. The dollar store is an inexpensive way to make your home look fabulous on a budget. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on decorating your house? In fact, right around $10 will work.
My favorite dollar store is Dollar Tree. I find they usually have more name-brand items and their stuff is a little better quality; however, if you have a local dollar store you love, then stick with it.
Remember to brace yourself. At times, we money-savers go crazy at places like the dollar store because, well, everything is a dollar. Make sure to only buy the items on your decorating list and have fun with it. If you want to include the kids – YIKES, you are taking your kids to the store you brave soul! – then set a limit and allow them to pick out one or two decorations each so they can help make the house look festive with you.
If you like this post, you will enjoy…
- 9 Super Secrets to Staying Debt Free This Christmas
- Easy Frugal Holiday Learning Art Projects for Kids
- 25 Best Learning Toys for Kids Gift Guide
- 20 Ridiculously Useful Teacher Gifts for Any Budget
- 15 Gifts for Kids That Have Too Many Toys
- 75 Frugal Living Tips That are Surprisingly Easy
Here are 20 Christmas Decorating Ideas From the Dollar Store
Dollar Tree Weekly Ad
1. Are you in the market for a Holiday bouquet? These pretty dollar store poinsettias will make the gloomiest house perk up! Why spend extra money at the craft store, when these flowers are just as pretty?
2. Use these pretty berries to make a Holiday bouquet or add them to a DIY wreath. How pretty!
Need a pretty Christmas vase? Click here to find my favorite!
3. Picture three of these hanging on your wall together. This would be a pretty display and for only $3 you can’t beat it. These stars would also make gorgeous door hangers or place one on top of your trees.
These hooks work great for hanging stars or other pretty ornaments!
4. Decorate your tree for under $5. These pretty plastic balls are great if you have kids or a pet. My kids and dog used to knock all the ornaments off the tree and/or throw them. At least these will not shatter.
5. Here are some glittery ornaments. You can decorate your tree for less than $5 and use the extra spending money you saved on gifts.
Are you sick of cleaning up pine needles from your real Christmas tree? Check out this amazing faux tree here!
6. Add a touch of style to your tree with a few of these special ornaments. I used the cross ornaments for decorations at my son’s baptism and then reused them on the Christmas tree. If you have anything like that going on this year, stock up. You can also use these pretty ornaments as gifts.
7. These plastic candy canes can be used as a decoration. Hang them over your mantle or stick them in your yard for a Christmas wonderland.
Pro Tip: Use command hooks to hand you decorations instead of taping or putting holes in the wall with nails. I used command hooks last year to hang up our stockings and lights over the mantle. Worked like a charm.
Pro Tip: Do you have a shepherd in your school Christmas pageant this year? I used a larger one of these sticks to make my son’s staff. It was very easy to make. First, I cut brown felt using the candy cane as my measuring stick and sewed one side. Next, I slid it on and sewed the bottom shut. It was perfect. I should mention after all of that, they forget it is the dressing room area. Ugh!!
8. Need a decoration for your Kid’s room? These are great. My sons use these on their train table to make their Thomas the Train stuff into a Christmas wonderland like in the Thomas Christmas movie. They LOVED it!
9. I always love a little sparkle in my decorations and these would make great wall-hangings or door-hangers.
10. and 11. Pick your favorite! Santa hats or candy canes!
Other Posts You Will Enjoy:
- Christmas Brunch on a Budget
- 10 Awesome Ways to Reuse Christmas Cards
- How I Earned $250 for Christmas Shopping
- How to Live Frugally for Beginners
- 21 Things to Stop Buying to Save Money
- 41 Clever Ways to Cut Your Food Bill
More Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas From the Dollar Store…
12. Aren’t these Christmas signs adorable?
14. These are great yard decorations! You could use them on your door pathway with the candy canes (above).
15. It wouldn’t be Christmas decorating without tinsel. This is the perfect touch to any Holiday decorating. Use it on the mantle or your windows to add that extra sparkle and shine to your Holiday decorations.
16. Such pretty tree skirts. Not to mention, I think a tree skirt makes your tree look complete and it helps to catch needles from the tree. We have an artificial tree and it still sheds all over the place.
17. Have you seen the new Nut Cracker movie? We took my sons last weekend. So they are now obsessed with nutcrackers. These are a must-have if you have kids.
19. Snow globes are so cute and magical. I bought these for stocking stuffers for my boys. At only $1 you can’t go wrong.
20. These will look so cute sitting on the mantle or window sill. Adorable!
Other Posts You Will Enjoy…
- 50 Cheap Meals That Will Fill You Up
- Budget-Friendly Dinner Meal Plan – Two Weeks Under $75
- 50 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Menu
- Cheap Meal Plan for Two – One Week Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner – $30
- 50 Make-Ahead Tailgate Foods for Your Tailgate Menu
20 Dollar Store Decorating Ideas Conclusion:
If you are on a budget this holiday season, then make the dollar store your go-to place for decorations. Don’t forget to pick your favorites and set aside a special night to decorate and begin the Holiday magic. Furthermore, your budget will thank you.
Wishing you the best this Holiday Season and always!
What are your favorites? Have you found other great dollar store decorations in the past? Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Take care – Sarah