Blogger Recognition Award
I woke up this morning and as always, I checked the stats of my blog (it has become an obsession but don’t judge me), and I was pleasantly surprised to find a blogger recognition award nomination in my comments. I was so excited, I immediately texted my husband! Being recognized by a fellow blogger really means the world to me and made my day – or should I say, my past six months of blogging!
It feels amazing to have someone recognize you for all of your hard work, and all of my fellow bloggers out there know exactly what I mean. Not to mention, I was nominated by someone in my blogging niche, saving money. I am honored that a fellow personal finance blogger would recognize my passion for helping my readers save money. Thank you, Lorna! For more money-saving posts and tips, check out my blogging friend Lorna Ye’s amazing website, Savingschamps.
I tossed around the idea of starting a blog for some time and decided to go for it in October of 2016. Blogging is definitely a huge learning curve, considering I was not tech savvy and had no clue how to set up a website. I have to admit, my first few post were a bit of a mess and I’m glad I only had around four page views a day (thank you, mom and other random people). However, after reading some blogging books and working hard, my blog is slowly but surely improving, and now I’m proud to hit publish and reveal my latest posts to my 80 plus viewers a day! (Some days are better than others but thank you, readers.)
Blogging is fun, creative, positive, and grueling! The main point is that I enjoy writing and saving money so the combination is a win-win! I am also passionate about helping others. Therefore, I hope my blog has helped some of you! I would like to, at some point, make an income from my blog that would able me to permanently stay at home with my kids. Furthermore, I feel if I continue to work hard, that day will come, so bear with me! My two little boy’s faces are my motivation.
My Advice to New Bloggers
- First, you must find your passion and carve out some time for writing. I recommend setting a timer for 30 minutes and doing nothing else but writing. Clear your house of sounds and distractions and let all of your ideas flow. Then later, go back and edit and revise your post to make it phenomenal. The more your write, the better you will get. The better you are, the more successful your blog will become.
- Secondly, make sure you have great visuals on your blog. If you are not a photographer, find free stock photos. I wish I had known there are free stock photos available when I started blogging because I am still going back and trying to edit some of my old photos. I had a Halloween post picture that was literally quite scary. Nonetheless, I now use pixabay for most of my images. I have also found recommendations for free stock photos through Pinterest. However, I wasted an immense amount of time taking photos with bad lighting that were subpar. If you can afford it, buy some lighting tools and a high-quality camera. If not, stock photos are the way to go. It is essential to give your readers outstanding visuals.
Honestly, blogging advice is one thing I could go on about because there is so much to learn. Hey, I am still a work in progress myself. Instead, I will leave you with my picks of awesome, amazing bloggers that are extremely worthy of this nomination.
After being nominated, I will now nominate seven – I’m starting with seven because 15 is a lot- of my favorite blogs for the Blogger Recognition Award. However, this was not an easy task because there are so many wonderful blogs out there. Yet, I have really enjoyed reading these blogs and I am positive you will too.
From Pennies to Pounds
Best of Budgets
Realm of vibes
Emma Eats and Explores
The It Mom
Money Minded Mom
What the Girls Say
Rules for Participation in the Blogger Nomination Award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
- Blogging Growth – A Promising Six Months